Pulmonary DiseaseInfo Center
Yoga: No Harm, No Treatment for Asthma Patients
Asthma patients are eager to find relief, even if it means exploring options beyond mainstream clinical practices. Yoga is one alternative that asthma patients often turn to.
Vitamin C Eased the Wheeze of Pregnant Smokers' Babies
What's good for moms-to-be tends to be good for their unborn children. What's not good for mom, like smoking tobacco, also tends not to be good for babies. There may be an easy way to undo some of the damage.
Vitamin D Didn't Improve Asthma
Asthma can worsen as warmer weather produces more irritating pollens. It’s previously been suggested that vitamin D supplements might relieve asthma symptoms and prevent attacks, but that may not be true.
Antibody Decreased Asthma Response
Getting to the root of the cause of asthma may help develop more effective treatments. A new drug has targeted one of those possible causes.
Cholesterol Rx Does Not Prevent COPD Flare-Ups
Statins have been found to reduce inflammation in blood vessels and lower risk of heart attack and stroke. Some have thought the medication could have a similar anti-inflammatory effect on COPD.
Healthy Diet for Healthier Lungs in COPD
There are treatments for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). However, there is no cure for the condition. But that doesn't mean that patients with COPD can't take personal steps to improve their disease-related health.
Antibiotics Overused for Acute Bronchitis
Antibiotics can be very effective and powerful when treating certain illnesses. However, they can be useless and even harmful when overused.
Unhealthy Air Around Pregnant Mothers Tied to Child's Asthma
The foods that a woman eats during pregnancy can have a huge impact on her baby's development, both before and after birth. The quality of air that a pregnant woman breathes may be equally important to her baby's health.
Many Deaths From Common Causes Are Preventable
Preventing early deaths is a key goal in the health field, and may be possible in bigger numbers than many thought. In a new study, researchers explored these preventable deaths.
Benzodiazepines and COPD May Be a Bad Combination
COPD causes difficult breathing, which can lead to anxiety and insomnia. A new study says a common type of medication used to ease these symptoms may not be the best option for those with COPD.
- Flovent (6) Apply Flovent filter
- Pulmicort Respules (6) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Proventil HFA (4) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Spiriva (3) Apply Spiriva filter
- Ventolin HFA (3) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Advair (2) Apply Advair filter
- Asmanex (2) Apply Asmanex filter
- Combivent (2) Apply Combivent filter
- ProAir HFA (2) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Xopenex HFA (2) Apply Xopenex HFA filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Adcirca (1) Apply Adcirca filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Avinza (1) Apply Avinza filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Foradil (1) Apply Foradil filter
- Kadian (1) Apply Kadian filter
- Letairis (1) Apply Letairis filter
- Montelukast (1) Apply Montelukast filter
- Oxecta (1) Apply Oxecta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Prevacid (1) Apply Prevacid filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Singulair (1) Apply Singulair filter
- Symbicort (1) Apply Symbicort filter
- Synagis (1) Apply Synagis filter
- Vyvanse (1) Apply Vyvanse filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Xolair (1) Apply Xolair filter
- Xopenex (1) Apply Xopenex filter
- Zithromax (1) Apply Zithromax filter