Pulmonary DiseaseInfo Center
Weight May Trigger Asthma in Kids
There’s an established and complex link between asthma and obesity. But which one comes first in children?
Pulmonary Disease May Increase Lung Cancer Risk
Medical conditions that affect breathing can take an immediate toll on health and may set the stage for other serious problems later in life.
Staying Out of Asthma’s Danger Zone
Asthma has warning signs that can be fairly obvious, giving people with asthma time to take positive action. Not every asthma patient, however, knows how to ward off a crisis.
FDA Approves New Lung Disease Medication
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a new medication for chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).
Some Asthma Medications May Slow Growth in Kids
Inhaled corticosteroids are an effective medication to bring down the airway swelling caused by asthma in children. Two new studies suggest that while these medicines may help children breathe, they also may have a negative effect.
COPD Linked to Belly Fat and Being Underweight
Being obese can increase the risk for numerous health problems. Being underweight isn't healthy either; it may even raise the risk for chronic lung disease.
Obesity in Children May Contribute to Asthma
Worldwide, children are experiencing higher rates of obesity. Obesity is tied to many health risks, including heart problems and diabetes. It may also be a cause of asthma in many young people.
Women with Chronic Illness More Likely to Use Mental Health Care
Ongoing illness can burden the mind as it also takes a toll on the body. Counseling and other therapies aimed at boosting a sick individual’s mental wellness is a common course of action for some, but not for all.
Managing Asthma as a Team
As with so many other things in life, teamwork can lead to better outcomes in medical care. This can be especially true with chronic conditions.
Smoking Tied to Large Number of Deaths in Asia
As smoking has begun to decline in some parts of the world, including the US, it is still increasing in other regions. A new study explored tobacco use in Asia.
- Flovent (6) Apply Flovent filter
- Pulmicort Respules (6) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Proventil HFA (4) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Spiriva (3) Apply Spiriva filter
- Ventolin HFA (3) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Advair (2) Apply Advair filter
- Asmanex (2) Apply Asmanex filter
- Combivent (2) Apply Combivent filter
- ProAir HFA (2) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Xopenex HFA (2) Apply Xopenex HFA filter
- Actemra (1) Apply Actemra filter
- Adcirca (1) Apply Adcirca filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Avinza (1) Apply Avinza filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cialis (1) Apply Cialis filter
- Concerta (1) Apply Concerta filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Foradil (1) Apply Foradil filter
- Kadian (1) Apply Kadian filter
- Letairis (1) Apply Letairis filter
- Montelukast (1) Apply Montelukast filter
- Oxecta (1) Apply Oxecta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Prevacid (1) Apply Prevacid filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Singulair (1) Apply Singulair filter
- Symbicort (1) Apply Symbicort filter
- Synagis (1) Apply Synagis filter
- Vyvanse (1) Apply Vyvanse filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- Xolair (1) Apply Xolair filter
- Xopenex (1) Apply Xopenex filter
- Zithromax (1) Apply Zithromax filter