Dementia’s Taste for Blood Sugar
People with diabetes can have high levels of blood sugar. If this high blood sugar goes uncontrolled, patients may be at risk for a number of health problems, including mental health issues. But even in people without diabetes, high blood sugar may present some risks.
Teen Habits and Brain Health
Being mentally fit depends upon a number of factors. Some of that mental fitness is determined by genetics, some by daily choices and habits — good ones and bad.
Can a Cocoa a Day Keep Dementia at Bay?
A cup of hot cocoa sounds delightful during the cold days of winter. It might perk you right up like a cup of coffee. But does it make a difference to your brain?
Exercise for the Mind
Mild cognitive impairment causes problems with memory, language and thinking. It can also put people at a greater risk for developing Alzheimer's. For patients with mild cognitive impairment (MCI), exercising may offer some protection for the mind.
A Connection Between Blood and the Brain?
Dementia is one of those tricky conditions that can be difficult to understand. There are likely many different factors contributing to dementia, and even something as seemingly unrelated as a blood disorder may be involved.
Can Cancer Cancel Alzheimer's?
Alzheimer's disease is the most common type of dementia. Alzheimer's is not a normal part of aging, although it typically develops in later adulthood. Research is ongoing to find causes and cures for Alzheimer's, including links between Alzheimer's and other diseases.
Diagnosing the Right Kind of Dementia
Alzheimer's disease is the most common type of dementia, which causes memory loss and behavioral changes. There are other types of dementia, and the correct diagnosis is important for treatment.
To Screen for Dementia or Not
Routine screening for certain diseases comes with aging. But among the general population, pricey screening tests for dementia may not provide any real benefit for seniors who are not at risk.
Drop in Dementia
There’s no cure for dementia, but it may not be spreading as widely as doctors once predicted. Healthier generations may have a lower risk for developing dementia in the future.
90 is the New 80
There’s good news in the health world for aging seniors. People in their mid 90s may be staying sharper nowadays compared to previous generations.
- Aricept (8) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (5) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (5) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (2) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (2) Apply Crestor filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Aciphex (1) Apply Aciphex filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Actoplus (1) Apply Actoplus filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Advair (1) Apply Advair filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Premarin (1) Apply Premarin filter
- Provera (1) Apply Provera filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Dementia filter Dementia
- Depression (21) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (9) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (7) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Emotional Health (6) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Addictions (5) Apply Addictions filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (5) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (1) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (185) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Alzheimers Disease (181) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (50) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (20) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (16) Apply Stroke filter
- High Cholesterol (7) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (6) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (5) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (1) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (41) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (21) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (14) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (12) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (11) Apply Trauma filter
- Infectious Disease (9) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (4) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Deafness Hearing Loss (2) Apply Deafness Hearing Loss filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health