Heart Meds and Healthy Minds
Statins, a type of medication used to lower cholesterol, recently underwent some label changes. This caused some confusion about a potential association with cognition problems, including short-term memory loss.
When the Stress Goes to Your Head
Certain events in our lives can cause very high levels of stress. From deaths and divorce to losing a job, the stress of these events might last longer than we realize.
Are Fish and Nuts Really Brain Boosters?
There has been talk for years that certain "brain foods" might help fend off dementia. Nuts and fatty fish containing omega-3 fatty acids are two of these supposed "brain foods."
A Global Look at Alzheimer's
Alzheimer's disease, and other forms of dementia, are conditions that affect people all over the world. A new report took a closer look at the actual global impact of Alzheimer's.
Can Dementia Meds Delay Mild Mental Decline?
Adults are living longer lives, which means more people will be living with some level of mental decline. Can that decline be delayed?
Staying Fit to Fend off Illness
The risk for various health problems increases with age. But there are steps people can take to help minimize these risks, and exercise seems to be one of those steps.
An Infection-Cognition Connection
Many older adults deal with chronic health conditions as they age. And according to a new study, these chronic conditions often seem to be preceded by a single infection in elderly patients.
Dementia’s Taste for Blood Sugar
People with diabetes can have high levels of blood sugar. If this high blood sugar goes uncontrolled, patients may be at risk for a number of health problems, including mental health issues. But even in people without diabetes, high blood sugar may present some risks.
Teen Habits and Brain Health
Being mentally fit depends upon a number of factors. Some of that mental fitness is determined by genetics, some by daily choices and habits — good ones and bad.
Can a Cocoa a Day Keep Dementia at Bay?
A cup of hot cocoa sounds delightful during the cold days of winter. It might perk you right up like a cup of coffee. But does it make a difference to your brain?
- Aricept (7) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (5) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (4) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (2) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (2) Apply Crestor filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Aciphex (1) Apply Aciphex filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Actoplus (1) Apply Actoplus filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Advair (1) Apply Advair filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Premarin (1) Apply Premarin filter
- Provera (1) Apply Provera filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Dementia filter Dementia
- Depression (21) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (9) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (7) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Addictions (5) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (5) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (1) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (175) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Alzheimers Disease (171) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (49) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (20) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (15) Apply Stroke filter
- High Cholesterol (7) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (6) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (5) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (1) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (41) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (21) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (14) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (12) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (10) Apply Trauma filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (4) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Deafness Hearing Loss (2) Apply Deafness Hearing Loss filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health