A Healthy Heart to Keep Your Wits
Diabetes has been linked to dementia. But diabetes alone may not be the cause of this type of mental decline. Heart disease risk factors may be the real driver behind cognitive impairment.
Offbeat Heartbeat and an Aging Mind
Old age can bring with it a host of mental and physical issues, including heart conditions and cognitive problems such as dementia and memory troubles.
Killing Two Ills with One Pill
The dementia associated with Alzheimer’s disease cannot be cured, but medication is available to improve the ability to think and remember.
Another Risk Factor for Dementia?
Having difficulty remembering things or developing dementia is not always a normal part of aging. Many different factors can contribute to the risk of dementia.
Sleep Apnea a Factor in Alzheimer’s?
More than 18 million American adults have sleep apnea. The condition is more common in the elderly, especially those with Alzheimer’s disease.
Rx That Put a Wrench in the Works
Several medications that help with common ailments could contain chemicals that get in the way of memory function. Communicating about these risks with a healthcare provider may help improve safety.
Needing a Little Help from Their Friends
Even if adults over age 65 are living on their own, they still may be experiencing memory problems or confusion. Many of these adults may also need help for daily activities.
Still Sharp After Anesthesia
Being a bit foggy in the brain during the weeks or months after major surgery is a reality for many aging adults. But it’s not a certain sign of any lasting problems with their mental health such as dementia or Alzheimer's disease.
Depression and a Declining Mind
Healthcare providers have been searching for ways to reduce the risk for developing dementia. Treating depression may, in some way, help the mind stay sharp.
Iron Lady Margaret Thatcher has Died
Margaret Thatcher, the first and only female British Prime Minister, has died after suffering a stroke. She was 87.
- Aricept (7) Apply Aricept filter
- Exelon (5) Apply Exelon filter
- Namenda (4) Apply Namenda filter
- Ativan (2) Apply Ativan filter
- Crestor (2) Apply Crestor filter
- Lipitor (2) Apply Lipitor filter
- Zocor (2) Apply Zocor filter
- Abilify (1) Apply Abilify filter
- Aciphex (1) Apply Aciphex filter
- Actonel (1) Apply Actonel filter
- Actoplus (1) Apply Actoplus filter
- Actos (1) Apply Actos filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Advair (1) Apply Advair filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Depakote (1) Apply Depakote filter
- Hyzaar (1) Apply Hyzaar filter
- Keppra (1) Apply Keppra filter
- Klonopin (1) Apply Klonopin filter
- Plavix (1) Apply Plavix filter
- Premarin (1) Apply Premarin filter
- Provera (1) Apply Provera filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Xanax (1) Apply Xanax filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health
- (-) Remove Dementia filter Dementia
- Depression (21) Apply Depression filter
- Sleep Disorders (9) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Anxiety Disorders (7) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Stress (7) Apply Stress filter
- Addictions (5) Apply Addictions filter
- Emotional Health (5) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Traumatic Brain Injury (5) Apply Traumatic Brain Injury filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Bipolar Disorder (1) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Eating Disorders (1) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Schizophrenia (1) Apply Schizophrenia filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (175) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Alzheimers Disease (171) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (1) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Cardiovascular (49) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (20) Apply Hypertension filter
- Stroke (15) Apply Stroke filter
- High Cholesterol (7) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (6) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- Atherosclerosis (5) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (1) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Heart Attack (1) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (41) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (21) Apply Diabetes filter
- Womens Health (14) Apply Womens Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (12) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Trauma (10) Apply Trauma filter
- Infectious Disease (8) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Cancer (4) Apply Cancer filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (4) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Deafness Hearing Loss (2) Apply Deafness Hearing Loss filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Exercise (1) Apply Exercise filter
- Hematology (1) Apply Hematology filter
- Incontinence (1) Apply Incontinence filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Pulmonary Disease (1) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- (-) Remove Mental Health filter Mental Health