Antidepressants May Increase How Long Mothers Breastfeed
Mothers who take prescription medications often worry if they can breastfeed their baby. Stopping antidepressant use may not be necessary and may even help breastfeeding.
Understanding the New Daddy Blues
Becoming a parent brings a host of changes that not every person is prepared for. Depression after a new child's arrival can occur for both mothers and fathers.
Balancing Antidepressants' Risks during Pregnancy
Taking antidepressants during pregnancy has always involved a balancing of possible benefits and risks. But so does skipping the medication when a mom has depression.
Few Spine Surgeons Used Psych Screening Before Surgery
Mental health issues may play a role in disabling back pain that can require surgery, and experts recommend mental health screening before spinal surgery. But it seems some surgeons may have missed this recommendation.
Depression Can Hit the Heart
Depression is a mental condition. However, the dangers of this condition can spread beyond mental health, and may even involve the heart.
Premature Births Linked to Antidepressant Use in Moms
There are more premature babies born these days than there were 20 years ago, and there are more pregnant women taking antidepressants. Researchers recently looked to see if there was a link between the two.
Depression and Diabetes Don't Play Nice with Kidneys
Depression is common among diabetes patients and has been linked to negative health outcomes such as heart disease and death. And there may be more.
Dental and Mental Health Linked
Could tooth loss present more than just an oral health problem? New research suggests dental hygiene could have a broader impact on well-being.
Risk Factors for Depression after IBD Diagnosis
Depression is more common in people with inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) than in the general population, but some people with IBD have an even higher risk for depression.
Pfizer Issues Antidepressant Rx Recall
Taking prescribed medication can become a habit that we execute without much thought. But concerns about a medication mix-up may lead some to double-check their labels this week.
- Prozac (18) Apply Prozac filter
- Celexa (17) Apply Celexa filter
- Lexapro (14) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (14) Apply Paxil filter
- Zoloft (12) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (5) Apply Effexor filter
- Wellbutrin XL (5) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Abilify (3) Apply Abilify filter
- Seroquel (3) Apply Seroquel filter
- Wellbutrin (3) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Citalopram (2) Apply Citalopram filter
- Cymbalta (2) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Fluoxetine (2) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Geodon (2) Apply Geodon filter
- Propecia (2) Apply Propecia filter
- Zyprexa (2) Apply Zyprexa filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Ambien (1) Apply Ambien filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Avodart (1) Apply Avodart filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cimzia (1) Apply Cimzia filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Escitalopram (1) Apply Escitalopram filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Lunesta (1) Apply Lunesta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Paroxetine (1) Apply Paroxetine filter
- Proscar (1) Apply Proscar filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Seroquel XR (1) Apply Seroquel XR filter
- Sertraline (1) Apply Sertraline filter
- Simponi (1) Apply Simponi filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Trazodone (1) Apply Trazodone filter
- Venlafaxine (1) Apply Venlafaxine filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zyvox (1) Apply Zyvox filter