A Mental Health Boon After Menopause?
As a woman approaches menopause, her body experiences a wide range of changes. Some of these changes may relate to her mental health.
When Men Are Dissatisfied with Their Bodies
Typically, eating disorders and concerns about one's body image are thought to be mainly prevalent among girls and young women. But men are not immune to these problems.
Mania and Depression Run in the Family Independently
Mental disorders can be passed down through families. The individual factors of each disorder may be the important thing to pay attention to rather than the disorder itself.
Behavior Change Fights Diabetes and Depression
Diabetes requires constant self-care, which may lead to chronic stress and depression for some patients. Behavior therapy may lead to better self-care, ease depression and improve blood sugar control.
Exercise for the Mind in MS
Exercising is good for your overall health; it may even improve mental health. And recent research suggests that exercise could benefit multiple sclerosis (MS) patients with depression.
Of Pregnancy Blues and Drinking Clues
The recommendations not to drink alcohol while pregnant are clear from obstetric medical organizations in the US. Yet pregnant women feeling depressed may be at risk for ignoring this advice.
When It's More Than a Migraine…
Suffering from migraines can significantly impact an individual's quality of life. It's not hard to imagine that migraine sufferers may be at risk for depression as well.
Boosting Mood During Kidney Dialysis
Physical illness can be a mental and emotional downer. Patients with kidney failure who are regularly hooked up to dialysis certainly aren't immune to sadness. Fortunately, there may be ways to lift their spirits and their physical health.
Of Diabetes and Depression
Living with a chronic disease like diabetes can be challenging. That challenge can take its toll on a person, especially if that person is a child.
Antidepressants Linked to Diabetes Risk
More people than ever are taking antidepressants, and concerns have been raised that these medications may affect blood sugar levels and possibly lead to diabetes.
- Prozac (18) Apply Prozac filter
- Celexa (17) Apply Celexa filter
- Lexapro (14) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (14) Apply Paxil filter
- Zoloft (12) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (5) Apply Effexor filter
- Wellbutrin XL (5) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Abilify (3) Apply Abilify filter
- Seroquel (3) Apply Seroquel filter
- Wellbutrin (3) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Citalopram (2) Apply Citalopram filter
- Cymbalta (2) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Fluoxetine (2) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Geodon (2) Apply Geodon filter
- Propecia (2) Apply Propecia filter
- Zyprexa (2) Apply Zyprexa filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Ambien (1) Apply Ambien filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Avodart (1) Apply Avodart filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cimzia (1) Apply Cimzia filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Escitalopram (1) Apply Escitalopram filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Lunesta (1) Apply Lunesta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Paroxetine (1) Apply Paroxetine filter
- Proscar (1) Apply Proscar filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Seroquel XR (1) Apply Seroquel XR filter
- Sertraline (1) Apply Sertraline filter
- Simponi (1) Apply Simponi filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Trazodone (1) Apply Trazodone filter
- Venlafaxine (1) Apply Venlafaxine filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zyvox (1) Apply Zyvox filter