Topical Cream and Healthy Babies
No one wants to deal with itchy, dry, inflamed skin — especially not with a baby on the way. Worrying about the side effects of topical creams on pregnancy only makes the situation worse. But results from a new study may soothe that worry.
Unequal Treatment for Psoriasis?
The type of medical care patients get depends on several factors. Some patients with psoriasis, or the arthritis that can accompany psoriasis, don't believe they get enough quality care.
A Fiery New Way to Sunburn
You use sunscreen spray to protect your skin from burning under the sun's harmful rays. But you probably don't worry much about your skin actually bursting into flame — at least not until now.
Food Allergy from the Outside In
Kids with eczema often itch. Eczema has also been linked to food allergies for some time. New research adds some insight into how this connection happens.
Psoriasis Tied to a Small Risk of Cancer
Red, inflamed skin is one of the symptoms of psoriasis. Beyond the symptoms of this skin condition, people with psoriasis might also be at risk for other major problems, including cancer.
For Kids, Eczema is More Than an Itch
Itchy skin is just one of the things eczema patients have to deal with. When kids have eczema, they could have more health conditions beyond the skin.
Anti-Balding Rx Doesn’t Mix With Alcohol
A male pattern baldness medication has been known to come with a few side effects. No longer wanting to drink, or being able to enjoy a drink, may be added to the list.
Sunscreen Buffers Skin Aging
Sunscreen helps prevent sunburns, but it may also help protect skin from sun-related aging. Regular use of sunscreen is recommended by skin doctors.
One Medicine For Another to Beat Dry Skin
Some treatments for psoriasis can affect the whole body beyond the red, dry and irritated skin. These systemic treatments might cause some concern, but patients have other options and may not have to use them.
Don’t Scratch that Itch, Starve it
Psoriasis is a disease of the skin. But for patients with psoriasis, the condition is much more than that. The unsightly patches can be embarrassing and affect day-to-day life.
- Humira (6) Apply Humira filter
- Remicade (5) Apply Remicade filter
- Accutane (3) Apply Accutane filter
- Enbrel (3) Apply Enbrel filter
- Cimzia (2) Apply Cimzia filter
- Simponi (2) Apply Simponi filter
- Amnesteem (1) Apply Amnesteem filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Celexa (1) Apply Celexa filter
- Claravis (1) Apply Claravis filter
- Combivent (1) Apply Combivent filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Flovent (1) Apply Flovent filter
- Lexapro (1) Apply Lexapro filter
- Natroba (1) Apply Natroba filter
- ProAir HFA (1) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Propecia (1) Apply Propecia filter
- Proventil HFA (1) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Pulmicort Respules (1) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Spiriva (1) Apply Spiriva filter
- Stelara (1) Apply Stelara filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- Ventolin HFA (1) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Vfend (1) Apply Vfend filter
- Xopenex HFA (1) Apply Xopenex HFA filter
- Zoloft (1) Apply Zoloft filter
- Zyvox (1) Apply Zyvox filter
- (-) Remove Dermatology filter Dermatology
- Cancer (22) Apply Cancer filter
- Patient Safety Education (20) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (19) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (19) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (15) Apply Womens Health filter
- Gastrointestinal (14) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Mens Health (14) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (12) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Allergies (11) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (7) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (7) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Pulmonary Disease (7) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Diabetes (5) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Home (4) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter