Minor Cosmetic Skin Procedures Had Few Complications
Cosmetic skin procedures have become more common in recent years. But are they dangerous? Probably not, a new study suggests.
Psoriasis May Increase High Blood Pressure Risk
Psoriasis is an inflammatory skin condition, but it may be more than skin-deep. It may also raise high blood pressure risk.
FDA Approves Rx for Plaque Psoriasis
More than 125 million people across the globe have psoriasis. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved a medicine Tuesday that may be able to treat them.
Combo Therapy May Be More Effective Vitiligo Treatment
To combat the patchy loss of skin color that comes with vitiligo, a new study tested a combination treatment involving a hormone and light-based phototherapy to treat the skin condition.
Light vs. Freezing for Actinic Keratosis
Spending lots of time under the sun's harmful rays can cause skin patches called actinic keratoses (AKs). In some cases, these scaly, rough patches can turn into skin cancer, so doctors usually recommend removing them. But what's the best way to remove them?
Officials Unsure of Spray Sunscreen Safety
Health officials strongly recommend sunscreen use — especially in scorching summer conditions. But they're not yet so sure about spray sunscreens.
Injectable Filler Could Cause Painful Side Effects
In an effort to achieve a more youthful look, some people turn to injectable fillers meant to plump up their skin and get rid of wrinkles. But these products aren't always safe, especially if they haven't been approved for cosmetic use.
FDA Approves New Rx for Skin Infections
It's been quite a year for new antibacterial medications. The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has just approved the third new medication in 2014 to treat certain skin infections.
Rx Shows Promise for Treating Psoriasis
Psoriasis can be a painful and uncomfortable disease. A few products currently on the market may ease symptoms of this skin condition. Now, a new medication is showing promise in clinical trials.
High Risk for Repeat of Severe Rx Reaction
Patients who have had a certain type of life-threatening medication reaction may be at increased risk for another episode.
- Humira (6) Apply Humira filter
- Remicade (5) Apply Remicade filter
- Accutane (3) Apply Accutane filter
- Enbrel (3) Apply Enbrel filter
- Cimzia (2) Apply Cimzia filter
- Simponi (2) Apply Simponi filter
- Amnesteem (1) Apply Amnesteem filter
- Asmanex (1) Apply Asmanex filter
- Celexa (1) Apply Celexa filter
- Claravis (1) Apply Claravis filter
- Combivent (1) Apply Combivent filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Flovent (1) Apply Flovent filter
- Lexapro (1) Apply Lexapro filter
- Natroba (1) Apply Natroba filter
- ProAir HFA (1) Apply ProAir HFA filter
- Propecia (1) Apply Propecia filter
- Proventil HFA (1) Apply Proventil HFA filter
- Prozac (1) Apply Prozac filter
- Pulmicort Respules (1) Apply Pulmicort Respules filter
- Spiriva (1) Apply Spiriva filter
- Stelara (1) Apply Stelara filter
- Tarceva (1) Apply Tarceva filter
- Ventolin HFA (1) Apply Ventolin HFA filter
- Vfend (1) Apply Vfend filter
- Xopenex HFA (1) Apply Xopenex HFA filter
- Zoloft (1) Apply Zoloft filter
- Zyvox (1) Apply Zyvox filter
- (-) Remove Dermatology filter Dermatology
- Cancer (22) Apply Cancer filter
- Patient Safety Education (20) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Pediatrics (19) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (19) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Womens Health (15) Apply Womens Health filter
- Gastrointestinal (14) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Mens Health (14) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (12) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Allergies (11) Apply Allergies filter
- Cardiovascular (7) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (7) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Pulmonary Disease (7) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Diabetes (5) Apply Diabetes filter
- Healthy Home (4) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Mental Health (3) Apply Mental Health filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (3) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Eye Disease (2) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (2) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter