Exercise: How Even a Little May Help Older Hearts
Older adults with reduced mobility may not move around a lot, but a little activity may go a long way in maintaining their heart health.
Ride Your Way to Motor Improvement After Stroke
The last thing you want after a stroke is someone making you ride a bicycle at a fast pace, but that might be just what you need.
Have Smartphone, Will Exercise
People looking to track their exercise likely don't want to count their steps in their head, and pedometers are just one more thing to remember. Enter the smartphone. Tons of people have them, and they may be able to accurately count steps.
Some Joggers May Want to Take It Easy
Many avid joggers feel guilty about taking days off from running. However, taking it easy may be healthier than going overboard.
A Little Exercise May Be Better Than Nothing
January is the time for resolutions, and getting into shape is a good one for most people. You don't necessarily have to run a marathon, though — even a little exercise a day could help keep the doctor away.
Treating Women’s Pain: Rose Oil, Yoga and Music
Women, when it comes to pain, don’t just grin and bear it. Plenty of treatments have been shown to work.
When Diet and Exercise Aren't Enough
They may be key to weight loss and good health, but diet and exercise may sometimes need a little help from obesity medications and surgery.
Walking Groups: Easy Steps to Better Health
Exercise doesn't have to be complicated. Even simple walks with friends may improve your health.
What a Walk Might Do for Your Health
Couch potatoes, get up and move. Exercise — even a little bit — could help you live longer.
Wearable Health Devices Can’t Do It Alone
They might be stylish, cool and fun to use, but wearable health-tracking devices aren't likely to make much difference if wearers don't change their habits.
- (-) Remove Exercise filter Exercise
- Healthy Eating and Diet (72) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Cardiovascular (46) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Heart Attack (10) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Stroke (10) Apply Stroke filter
- Hypertension (9) Apply Hypertension filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (4) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- High Cholesterol (3) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (2) Apply Peripheral Arterial Disease filter
- Diabetes (23) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mental Health (20) Apply Mental Health filter
- Patient Safety Education (18) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (16) Apply Womens Health filter
- Cancer (13) Apply Cancer filter
- Mens Health (12) Apply Mens Health filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (12) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (4) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Osteoporosis (3) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Back Pain (2) Apply Back Pain filter
- Alzheimers Disease (1) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Fibromyalgia (1) Apply Fibromyalgia filter
- Joint Replacement (1) Apply Joint Replacement filter
- Osteoarthritis (1) Apply Osteoarthritis filter
- Parkinsons Disease (1) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Pediatrics (5) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Kidney Disease (4) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (4) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pulmonary Disease (3) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Baby (2) Apply Baby filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Trauma (2) Apply Trauma filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Infectious Disease (1) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Sexual Health (1) Apply Sexual Health filter