Internet Addiction Causing Depression & Sleeplessness
It's no surprise that college students spend an extensive amount of time online. But often that internet use becomes pathological and even addictive.
Antidepressants Work to Stop Suicides
A landmark study has shown that antidepressants significantly reduce suicide risk among patients with depression or bipolar disorder.
Tough Childhood Could Lead to Depression
Some people are resilient emotionally to life's struggles, while others must fight off the darkness of depression. A recent study suggests the difference could lie in our childhoods.
Causes of Postpartum Depression
Postpartum depression is a serious illness that is distressing for many new mothers. The causes were previously unclear, but a new study has unmasked some contributing factors to depression.
Feeling Down Mommy?
Bringing new life into the world usually brings happiness to mothers, but not all. Pregnancy-related depression is a real condition that can cause real distress for the mother and newborn baby.
Dangerous Drug Duo
If you're taking two common medications for treating depression and high cholesterol, you may want to be in touch with your doctor.
Unhappy Fathers Days
Dads and husbands, brothers and sons suffer depression just like the women in their lives. But men are less likely to talk about it or seek care for the blues.
New Link Discovered Between Appetite Hormone and Depression
Our bodies make a hormone called leptin that regulates our appetite. It may be that this hormone could also be useful in regulating depression.
Depression - Another Kind of Attention Deficit
Some of us ride the roller coaster of life's ups and downs better than others. Scientists are discovering that people with depression get stuck with negative thoughts they can't seem to shake.
The Madness of the Sadness
One of the sad things about depression is its tendency to return to cause more suffering. Scientists have new clues as to why that happens. How the brain responds to sadness may predict if depression will return to someone who has been wrestling with the disease.
- Prozac (18) Apply Prozac filter
- Celexa (17) Apply Celexa filter
- Lexapro (14) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (14) Apply Paxil filter
- Zoloft (12) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (5) Apply Effexor filter
- Wellbutrin XL (5) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Abilify (3) Apply Abilify filter
- Seroquel (3) Apply Seroquel filter
- Wellbutrin (3) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Citalopram (2) Apply Citalopram filter
- Cymbalta (2) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Fluoxetine (2) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Geodon (2) Apply Geodon filter
- Propecia (2) Apply Propecia filter
- Zyprexa (2) Apply Zyprexa filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Ambien (1) Apply Ambien filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Avodart (1) Apply Avodart filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cimzia (1) Apply Cimzia filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Escitalopram (1) Apply Escitalopram filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Lunesta (1) Apply Lunesta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Paroxetine (1) Apply Paroxetine filter
- Proscar (1) Apply Proscar filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Seroquel XR (1) Apply Seroquel XR filter
- Sertraline (1) Apply Sertraline filter
- Simponi (1) Apply Simponi filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Trazodone (1) Apply Trazodone filter
- Venlafaxine (1) Apply Venlafaxine filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zyvox (1) Apply Zyvox filter