Are Cancer Drugs Improving?
The enormous number of drugs available at the pharmacy begins to make sense when you realize that a lot of these drugs are related. Some scientists feel that despite these offerings, there's always room for improvement.
Lung Cancer Study Questioned
What happens when researchers disagree? That's the nature of good research - disagreeing and challenging before coming to consensus. A recent lung cancer study is being debated.
Pfizer Announces Positive Results From Xalkori Trial
Pfizer Inc. announced today that the PROFILE 1007 study demonstrated that XALKORI ( crizotinib ) significantly improved progression-free survival ( PFS ) when compared with pemetrexed or docetaxel , in previously treated patients with anaplastic lymphoma kinase ( ALK )-positive advanced non-small cell lung cancer ( NSCLC ).
Move Over Platinum, Here Comes Ruthenium
A number of common chemotherapy agents, such as cisplatin , contain the element platinum. And while effective against cancer cells, these medications can damage healthy cells.
Diesel Exhaust Causes Lung Cancer and Possibly Bladder Cancer
Diesel fumes have been thought to increase the risk of lung cancer for a long time - since 1988. Now it's official.
Are Two Cancer Drugs Better Than One?
Recent trends in cancer research have focused on combination therapies, where drugs that supplement each other's weaknesses show greater results in fighting cancer than either would alone.
Upcoming Lung Cancer Drugs
Out of the top five most common cancers, lung cancer is projected to remain the deadliest, and it isn't just limited to people who smoke.
Big Tumors Vulnerable to Chemo
Chemotherapy is generally recommended for cancers where surgery is impossible, either due to metastasis, difficult location, or small size.
Desperate Housewives's Kathryn Joosten Died
Mrs. McClusky was the cranky, crusty and lovable older lady, who always had a wisecrack for the "Desperate Housewives" of Wisteria Lane.
Clearing the Smoke on Lung Cancer Screenings
Behind skin, prostate and breast cancers, lung cancer is one of the most frequently diagnosed - and most lethal - malignancies in this country, affecting the lives of 220,000 Americans and taking the lives of another 165,000 every year.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer