Stigma Around Smoking Deepens Depression
Living with a life threatening disease such as cancer isn't always a joyful experience. Depression can follow because of the sadness of the situation. The depression felt by some cancer patients is triggered not just by sadness.
Gene to Blame for Drug Resistance
Targeted drugs work by attacking and shutting down the molecular activities that keep cancers thriving and growing. These drugs have saved the lives of thousands of people with cancer. But they don't work in some people.
Can Personalized Cancer Become Affordable?
Personalized treatment is the new cancer frontier. The DNA of a tumor is analyzed, and a specific drug is used to target the mutant gene(s). It's a great concept, but exceedingly expensive to deliver. Or is it?
Saving Thousands of Butts
Cigarette tobacco slowly maims and kills. That message is getting through, unfiltered, loud and clear. The result is that thousands of lives have been saved.
Lung Cancer's Gefitinib Resistance Explained
A recent study examined cancer genetics to determine why resistance to Iressa ( gefitinib ), a drug commonly used in treating non small cell lung cancer.
Drug Resistance in Lung Cancer Treatment
Some types of cancer treatment are on a molecular level, relying on interactions between growth receptor proteins on the cancer cells and drugs that target these specific receptor proteins.
Breathing Diesel Fumes can Take Your Breath Away
Nothing very appealing about taking whiffs of truck exhaust. The exposure isn't just unappealing, though. It may be deadly.
Dealing With the Fear of What Comes Next
Fear and anxiety of what lies ahead can be overwhelming for folks who have just learned they have lung cancer. They may not know where to turn for comfort and support, and a nurse might be just who they're looking for.
Zapping Better Than Cutting
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease ( COPD ) is commonly seen with lung cancer, because both diseases usually result from smoking. Patients who have COPD often have complications after lung cancer surgery.
Not all Cancer Therapies Help
Determining the best treatment plan for lung cancer is based on a number of factors. New research suggests one form of therapy that doesn't extend life may be overused with older patients.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer