Online Cig Cessation Sensation
Support for quitting smoking goes high tech with WebQuit, a study whose aim is to get as many people willing to sign up for free to drop and stop the habit.
Smoking Cancels Out Benefits of Multivitamins
Is there such thing as health conscious smoking? Some smokers believe that smoking risks are lessened when they take vitamins or supplements regularly. Does that actually work though?
Doubling Progression-Free Survival
Being diagnosed with lung cancer usually means months of chemotherapy followed by a relapse. That outlook is changing for the better.
Cancer in America
Earlier this year, the American Cancer Society released the latest figures on the state of the nation's battle against the world's most dreaded disease. The good news is that cancer death rates are down across the board. The not-so-good news is that less educated Americans are dying prematurely in greater numbers.
Gene That Drives Lung Cancer Discovered
Magical mystery tour. That's what the painstaking process of locating genetic mutations could be called, and biologists may have landed at a critically important new destination.
Non-Smoker Lung Tumors are More Unstable
The best way to avoid lung cancer is to never pick up the smoking habit. Unfortunately, that's no guarantee for skirting deadly lung cancer disease.
Preventing Lung Cancer may be Possible
Even though someone has quit smoking, he or she still has an elevated risk of developing lung cancer. New research has discovered a common drug may decrease some of those risks.
Saving the Lives of Heavy Smokers
Lung cancer is most commonly detected with a chest X-ray. This standard technique misses a number of early cancers, though. A study shows another technology is not only a better screening tool, but can save the lives of smokers.
Slowing Advanced Lung Cancer
Advanced lung cancer offers few options for patients, unfortunately. A recent Spanish study opens new possibilities by extending the use of an established treatment drug, Alimta.
Advancing Treatment of Advanced Lung Cancer
Advancements in medicine are moving toward targeted therapy - treatments that target the exact cause of an individual's cancer. These advancements are being tested in advanced lung cancer.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer