Why Cancer Drugs Stop Working
A common story in cancer treatment is of specialized drugs that work great initially, but over time the cancer becomes resistant to the drug. Finding out why this happens has become paramount for scientists.
One Lung Cancer Drug - Multiple Targets
Cancer biology overlaps frequently, and some drugs designed for a specific mutation may have multiple uses, as one study shows.
Double Punch Urged for Lung Cancer
Non-small cell lung cancer ( NSCLC ) is a tough one, but r esearchers have found a new target for treating this disease. When added to other therapies, the combination might just deliver a knock-out punch.
Predicting Life After Lung Cancer
Not only is lung cancer one of the most commonly diagnosed cancers in the United States, it's also the leading cause of death in China. A new test may help save thousands of lives.
Former Penn State Coach Joe Paterno Dies
The winningest coach in football history, Joe Paterno , has died of complications from lung cancer.
Lung Tumors Share Same Genetic Background
Multicentric carcinogenesis is the technical term for the formation of multiple cancerous tumors. This phenomenon can occur in lung cancer. Researchers have recently uncovered important genetic information about this process.
Why Never-Smokers Get Lung Cancer
While the incidence of lung cancer is decreasing in this country, there's another alarming trend. Roughly one in 10 individuals who is diagnosed with lung cancer has never smoked! And researchers are trying to understand why.
Estrogen Meds Help Prevent Lung Cancer too
The hormone estrogen is well-known for driving breast cancer. Researchers are now finding that estrogen-blocking medications, which are commonly used to help prevent a recurrence of the disease, may have uses in other cancers as well.
New Smoking Gun Explains Cancer in Never-Smokers
We think of lung cancer being the result of tobacco smoking. And while that's certainly a risk factor, nearly a quarter of lung cancer patients have never taken a puff. A never before known genetic event may solve this mystery.
Breathalyzer Test for Lung Cancer
You're standing in the grocery store and breathe into a hand-held device. This machine tells you if you're at risk of lung cancer. Just such technology exists, though you may or may not see it at the grocery store.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer