Keeping the Grim Reaper at Bay
Once lung cancer moves beyond its original site, the prognosis dims. Researchers have discovered that a specific test can be used to identify patients who will benefit from different types of therapy - a finding that offers more personalized care for advanced lung cancer patients.
Higher Does Not Mean Longer
Radiation oncologists believed that a higher dosage of radiation would extend the lives of patients with advanced lung cancer. It seemed logical, but the findings of a clinical trial don't support that logic.
Goats and Cancer - a Strange New Link
When you think of known lung cancer risks, you probably immediately think of tobacco smoke. Scientists have now identified a new threat - goats.
Lung Cancer Rates Dropping
Lung cancer is the number one cancer killer in America, claiming the lives of more than 150,000 men and women each year. Recently released statistics show those numbers should be changing soon.
Timing of Therapies Boosts Cancer Survival Rates
Surgeons aren't usually part of the treatment team for Stage III lung cancer, a diagnosis 50,000 Americans receive each year. New methods for using current treatments may improve the outlook for patients.
Be Free From Smoke
Smoking is linked to many health issues and yet these risks aren’t enough to motivate some to quit. Family, friends and coworkers might be able to help – ban smoking from work and home.
New Test Detects Treatable Lung Cancer Gene
Days after receiving U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval, the Abbott ALK test for non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) has become available in the United States, European Union and New Zealand.
FDA Approves Xalkori and Vysis ALK Break Apart FISH Probe Kit
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration today approved Xalkori ( crizotinib ) to treat certain patients with late-stage (locally advanced or metastatic), non-small cell lung cancers ( NSCLC ) who express the abnormal anaplastic lymphoma kinase ( ALK ) gene.
The images of a charred lung or cancer-eaten mouth may actually get a person thinking about quitting. Add a threatening message about how cigarettes kill, and it becomes communication overkill, according to a new study.
Lung Cancer Makes Scents to Dogs
The super sensitive noses of dogs are known to be able to pick up the scent many things. Man's best friend can now do what even advanced medical tests can't do - sniff out early stage lung cancer.
- Xalkori (13) Apply Xalkori filter
- Tarceva (12) Apply Tarceva filter
- Abraxane (2) Apply Abraxane filter
- Avastin (2) Apply Avastin filter
- Erbitux (2) Apply Erbitux filter
- Iressa (2) Apply Iressa filter
- Nexavar (2) Apply Nexavar filter
- Taxotere (2) Apply Taxotere filter
- Arimidex (1) Apply Arimidex filter
- Atacand (1) Apply Atacand filter
- Avapro (1) Apply Avapro filter
- Benicar (1) Apply Benicar filter
- Caprelsa (1) Apply Caprelsa filter
- Celebrex (1) Apply Celebrex filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cozaar (1) Apply Cozaar filter
- Diovan (1) Apply Diovan filter
- Gleevec (1) Apply Gleevec filter
- Herceptin (1) Apply Herceptin filter
- Micardis (1) Apply Micardis filter
- Perjeta (1) Apply Perjeta filter
- Provenge (1) Apply Provenge filter
- Toprol XL (1) Apply Toprol XL filter
- Tykerb (1) Apply Tykerb filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer
- (-) Remove Lung Cancer filter Lung Cancer
- Colon Cancer (20) Apply Colon Cancer filter
- Breast Cancer Female (19) Apply Breast Cancer Female filter
- Rectal Cancer (13) Apply Rectal Cancer filter
- Prostate Cancer (12) Apply Prostate Cancer filter
- Liver Cancer (8) Apply Liver Cancer filter
- Pancreatic Cancer (8) Apply Pancreatic Cancer filter
- Kidney Cancer (7) Apply Kidney Cancer filter
- Bladder Cancer (5) Apply Bladder Cancer filter
- Esophageal Cancer (5) Apply Esophageal Cancer filter
- Ovarian Cancer (5) Apply Ovarian Cancer filter
- Skin Cancer (4) Apply Skin Cancer filter
- Brain Cancer (3) Apply Brain Cancer filter
- Cervical Cancer (3) Apply Cervical Cancer filter
- Stomach Cancer (2) Apply Stomach Cancer filter
- Thyroid Cancer (2) Apply Thyroid Cancer filter
- Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer (1) Apply Muscle Soft Tissue Cancer filter
- Mental Health (35) Apply Mental Health filter
- Cardiovascular (15) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Pulmonary Disease (14) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (10) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Patient Safety Education (9) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (9) Apply Womens Health filter
- Diabetes (7) Apply Diabetes filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Infectious Disease (6) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Exercise (3) Apply Exercise filter
- Dermatology (2) Apply Dermatology filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Gastrointestinal (1) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (1) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Pediatrics (1) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Rheumatic Disease (1) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- (-) Remove Cancer filter Cancer