Column A or Column B for Sleep Apnea?
For those who have obstructive sleep apnea, a standard and successful treatment is already available. But some individuals may want to seek out other options.
Snoring May Sound Alarm for Kidney Failure
Loud, ongoing snoring may not only be annoying; it also could be a sign of sleep apnea. In diabetes patients, the condition may lead to many health problems, including complete kidney failure.
A Bit of Shut-Eye Boosted Learning
Most parents know it's going to be a rough evening if their preschooler skipped their regular nap. But those naps may help their children in other ways besides behavior.
Sleep Apnea Risks Not Only for Adults
People with sleep apnea experience pauses in their breathing or shallow breaths while they sleep. In adults, the condition has been linked to diabetes and heart disease, but that link is less clear in younger people with sleep apnea.
When Surgery Isn't a Cure-All for Sleep Apnea
The earlier a serious sleep condition can be treated, the more likely a person is to avoid other health problems from that condition. For children with one sleep disorder, one treatment may not always be enough.
Sleep Deprivation and Food Consumption
Many people think it is unwise to go grocery shopping on an empty stomach; doing so might lead to some poor food choices. Could the same happen when shopping after a poor night's rest?
America, How Are You Sleeping?
Having difficulty sleeping can seep into all aspects of a person's life. It's not uncommon for adults to turn to medications to help them get some shut-eye. How many use prescriptions for this issue?
Does Insomnia Help - or Hurt - Your Lifespan?
It is not uncommon for adults to complain of having more difficulty sleeping as they grow older. But just because a senior experiences insomnia does not mean it puts their health at risk.
Exercise Your Way to Better Sleep
As people get older, a good night's sleep can be harder to come by, but exercise may offer a restful solution.
Good Night, Sleep Tight — Unless You're Pregnant
Any woman who has been pregnant can tell you that getting enough sleep becomes more challenging as her unborn baby grows. If a pregnant woman has other conditions, the challenge can be even greater.
- Ambien (6) Apply Ambien filter
- Lunesta (4) Apply Lunesta filter
- Ambien CR (3) Apply Ambien CR filter
- Restoril (3) Apply Restoril filter
- Sonata (2) Apply Sonata filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Edluar (1) Apply Edluar filter
- Halcion (1) Apply Halcion filter
- Provigil (1) Apply Provigil filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- Rozerem (1) Apply Rozerem filter
- Singulair (1) Apply Singulair filter
- Valium (1) Apply Valium filter
- Zolpidem (1) Apply Zolpidem filter
- Zolpimist (1) Apply Zolpimist filter
- (-) Remove Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter Sleep Apnea Insomnia
- Mental Health (126) Apply Mental Health filter
- Sleep Disorders (96) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Depression (12) Apply Depression filter
- Anxiety Disorders (10) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Child Disorders (7) Apply Child Disorders filter
- Emotional Health (6) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (5) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Stress (5) Apply Stress filter
- Dementia (4) Apply Dementia filter
- Eating Disorders (4) Apply Eating Disorders filter
- Addictions (3) Apply Addictions filter
- Bipolar Disorder (2) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Suicide Prevention (1) Apply Suicide Prevention filter
- Cardiovascular (37) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Hypertension (13) Apply Hypertension filter
- Heart Attack (7) Apply Heart Attack filter
- Stroke (7) Apply Stroke filter
- Congestive Heart Failure (4) Apply Congestive Heart Failure filter
- Atherosclerosis (1) Apply Atherosclerosis filter
- Atrial Fibrillation (1) Apply Atrial Fibrillation filter
- High Cholesterol (1) Apply High Cholesterol filter
- Pediatrics (36) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Healthy Eating and Diet (31) Apply Healthy Eating and Diet filter
- Diabetes (19) Apply Diabetes filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (13) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Neuromuscular Disease (11) Apply Neuromuscular Disease filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (4) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Alzheimers Disease (3) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Multiple Sclerosis (2) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Osteoarthritis (1) Apply Osteoarthritis filter
- Parkinsons Disease (1) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Restless Legs Syndrome (1) Apply Restless Legs Syndrome filter
- Patient Safety Education (11) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Womens Health (11) Apply Womens Health filter
- Cancer (10) Apply Cancer filter
- Mens Health (7) Apply Mens Health filter
- Pulmonary Disease (7) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Infectious Disease (4) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Sexual Health (4) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Incontinence (3) Apply Incontinence filter
- Gastrointestinal (2) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Eye Disease (1) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Healthy Home (1) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Kidney Disease (1) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (1) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter