Low Priority for Feeling Low
Heart attack patients are less likely to receive priority care in emergency departments if they have a history of depression, according to a study by researchers at the Institute of Clinical Evaluative Sciences.
Slippery Slope of Emotions
A new study explores the psychological impact of the British Petroleum (BP) oil spill last year that resulted in millions of gallons of oil spilling into the Gulf of Mexico for more than five months.
Getting By with a Little Help from Friends
Programs in which volunteers and patients share information about their depression symptoms appears to work as well as one-on-one cognitive behavioral therapy.
Some Noise About Internal Alarm Clocks
Shifts and disruption in internal alarm clocks (known as the circadian clock) caused by shift work and erratic sleep patterns can contribute to cancer, diabetes and depression, among other health problems.
Life, Lemons and Lemonade
A new international study finds that cancer patients are not as depressed as one would assume.
Feeling Sad? Switch to Olive Oil
Researchers from the universities of Navarra and Las Palmas de Gran Canaria suggest trans-fats and saturated fats, commonly found in processed foods, may contribute to depression risk.
The Kids Aren't Alright
Children of divorced parents may exhibit suicidal tendencies later on in life, according to a recent study by the University of Toronto in Canada.
Before the Troubles Begin
Researchers from the U.S. Army have found that screening for mental health conditions prior to deployment reduces psychiatric and behavioral problems among soldiers.
Circadian Rhythm and Blues
The Scripps Research Institute has been granted over $3 million to develop molecular compounds to help fight disorders related to our body's "circadian rhythm," or internal clock.
Testing the Waters
Neuralstem, Inc. has filed an Investigational New Drug (IND) application with the United States Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to kick off two safety trials testing a major depression treatment.
- Prozac (18) Apply Prozac filter
- Celexa (17) Apply Celexa filter
- Lexapro (14) Apply Lexapro filter
- Paxil (14) Apply Paxil filter
- Zoloft (12) Apply Zoloft filter
- Effexor (5) Apply Effexor filter
- Wellbutrin XL (5) Apply Wellbutrin XL filter
- Abilify (3) Apply Abilify filter
- Seroquel (3) Apply Seroquel filter
- Wellbutrin (3) Apply Wellbutrin filter
- Citalopram (2) Apply Citalopram filter
- Cymbalta (2) Apply Cymbalta filter
- Fluoxetine (2) Apply Fluoxetine filter
- Geodon (2) Apply Geodon filter
- Propecia (2) Apply Propecia filter
- Zyprexa (2) Apply Zyprexa filter
- Adderall (1) Apply Adderall filter
- Ambien (1) Apply Ambien filter
- Ativan (1) Apply Ativan filter
- Avodart (1) Apply Avodart filter
- Chantix (1) Apply Chantix filter
- Cimzia (1) Apply Cimzia filter
- Enbrel (1) Apply Enbrel filter
- Escitalopram (1) Apply Escitalopram filter
- Finasteride (1) Apply Finasteride filter
- Humira (1) Apply Humira filter
- Lamictal (1) Apply Lamictal filter
- Lunesta (1) Apply Lunesta filter
- OxyContin (1) Apply OxyContin filter
- Paroxetine (1) Apply Paroxetine filter
- Proscar (1) Apply Proscar filter
- Remeron (1) Apply Remeron filter
- Remicade (1) Apply Remicade filter
- Risperdal Consta (1) Apply Risperdal Consta filter
- Seroquel XR (1) Apply Seroquel XR filter
- Sertraline (1) Apply Sertraline filter
- Simponi (1) Apply Simponi filter
- Tamoxifen (1) Apply Tamoxifen filter
- Trazodone (1) Apply Trazodone filter
- Venlafaxine (1) Apply Venlafaxine filter
- Viagra (1) Apply Viagra filter
- Zyvox (1) Apply Zyvox filter