Toss the Vitamin D and Calcium?
Preventing the risk of fractures as you grow older is important. Previously, vitamin D and calcium supplements were thought to help reduce that risk – but recommendations have changed.
Antioxidants for the Brain
Antioxidants - which are found in foods like soy products, coffee and fruits - have been shown to be healthy substances for the body. Researchers wanted to see if they could also lower risk of dementia and stroke.
MS Risk in the Young and Obese
Children who are obese are at risk of developing a number of diseases. Could multiple sclerosis (MS) be one of those diseases?
Extra Weight and Slipped Discs
Carrying excess weight can aggravate your lower back and cause other musculoskeletal problems. But when it comes to slipped discs in the spine, not much is known about the effect of that excess weight.
Strong Muscles Better for Function in OA
Osteoarthritis of the knee can get in the way of physical activity. For people with this condition, strong muscles may be the key to maintaining strong physical function.
Weight Gain Produces Knee Pain
If you are overweight, those extra pounds could be adding to the wear and tear on your knee joints. Gaining more weight could make knee pain and function even worse.
Why So Idle with Knee OA?
Being obese or overweight can make osteoarthritis worse. Staying physically active is one of the best ways to avoid putting on extra pounds. However, many osteoarthritis patients remain inactive.
OA Pain Loss through Weight Loss
Osteoarthritis is known as the "wear and tear" form of arthritis. If you're overweight, you could be putting more strain on your joints and adding to this wear and tear. But losing weight could change that.
Arthritic Athletes Still Active
Arthritis is a painful condition that can make it difficult to perform daily tasks. But it doesn't have to put your life on hold. There are plenty of arthritis patients out there who continue living active lives. And some of these patients you may even recognize.
Relief for a Pain in the Neck
Forget the painkillers and steroid injections when it comes to chronic neck pain. The solution may be as easy as rolling out your yoga mat.
- (-) Remove Healthy Eating and Diet filter Healthy Eating and Diet
- (-) Remove Neuromuscular Disease filter Neuromuscular Disease
- Alzheimers Disease (33) Apply Alzheimers Disease filter
- Multiple Sclerosis (32) Apply Multiple Sclerosis filter
- Osteoarthritis (32) Apply Osteoarthritis filter
- Osteoporosis (25) Apply Osteoporosis filter
- Back Pain (9) Apply Back Pain filter
- Parkinsons Disease (9) Apply Parkinsons Disease filter
- Migraine Headaches (8) Apply Migraine Headaches filter
- Joint Replacement (6) Apply Joint Replacement filter
- Epilepsy Seizure Disorders (5) Apply Epilepsy Seizure Disorders filter
- Chronic Pain Conditions (4) Apply Chronic Pain Conditions filter
- Fibromyalgia (2) Apply Fibromyalgia filter
- Restless Legs Syndrome (2) Apply Restless Legs Syndrome filter
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (1) Apply Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis filter
- Huntingtons Disease (1) Apply Huntingtons Disease filter
- Muscular Dystrophy (1) Apply Muscular Dystrophy filter
- Mental Health (52) Apply Mental Health filter
- Dementia (17) Apply Dementia filter
- Depression (14) Apply Depression filter
- Addictions (7) Apply Addictions filter
- Sleep Disorders (7) Apply Sleep Disorders filter
- Stress (6) Apply Stress filter
- Anxiety Disorders (3) Apply Anxiety Disorders filter
- Bipolar Disorder (3) Apply Bipolar Disorder filter
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (1) Apply Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder filter
- Borderline Personality Disorder (1) Apply Borderline Personality Disorder filter
- Emotional Health (1) Apply Emotional Health filter
- Cardiovascular (29) Apply Cardiovascular filter
- Diabetes (23) Apply Diabetes filter
- Rheumatic Disease (22) Apply Rheumatic Disease filter
- Cancer (21) Apply Cancer filter
- Womens Health (16) Apply Womens Health filter
- Gastrointestinal (15) Apply Gastrointestinal filter
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (6) Apply Irritable Bowel Syndrome filter
- Constipation (4) Apply Constipation filter
- Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy (3) Apply Lactose Intolerance Food Allergy filter
- Dental Health (2) Apply Dental Health filter
- Liver Disease (2) Apply Liver Disease filter
- Celiac Disease (1) Apply Celiac Disease filter
- Crohns Disease (1) Apply Crohns Disease filter
- Diarrhea (1) Apply Diarrhea filter
- Infectious Disease (15) Apply Infectious Disease filter
- Pediatrics (12) Apply Pediatrics filter
- Obstetrics/Gynecology (10) Apply Obstetrics/Gynecology filter
- Patient Safety Education (10) Apply Patient Safety Education filter
- Incontinence (7) Apply Incontinence filter
- Eye Disease (5) Apply Eye Disease filter
- Mens Health (5) Apply Mens Health filter
- Kidney Disease (4) Apply Kidney Disease filter
- Pulmonary Disease (3) Apply Pulmonary Disease filter
- Thyroid Disorders (3) Apply Thyroid Disorders filter
- Exercise (2) Apply Exercise filter
- Healthy Home (2) Apply Healthy Home filter
- Hematology (2) Apply Hematology filter
- Sexual Health (2) Apply Sexual Health filter
- Sleep Apnea Insomnia (2) Apply Sleep Apnea Insomnia filter
- Allergies (1) Apply Allergies filter
- Gout (1) Apply Gout filter
- Trauma (1) Apply Trauma filter